I suggest you ...

Sorting

Add support for sorting the items in an outline.

48 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
AdminCarbonFin (Developer, CarbonFin) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

15 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Don commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Search function: show only those entries matching search criteria. Currently, one has to continue searching to reveal all those entries.

• JamesM commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sorting is my biggest beef with Outliner Online. I can do a manual sort on my mobile devices and it sticks, but when I do it online it reverts to some unknown sort order and I have to hunt through my outlines for the one I'm working on.

• Dan Hankins commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

On the web version, to search you can hack it by doing an Expand All then using CTRL-F to search the webpage. Obviously this only works for the currently viewed outline.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree a sort/search by date would add useful functionality to this already excellent app!! Thanks

• HotCoffee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I used to use, many years ago, ListPro on a PPC. I just discovered a misshapen awkward mess on iOS from them, then found Outliner. Outliner is so much closer to the beloved old ListPro than anything I've discovered yet. But the need to alphabetize (by parent, without messing up indents) is killing me!

• Art commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm on line on my account. I don't see where i can search.
    What am I missing?

• Art commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The app is useful but it would be even more useful if I could sort items within an outline and if I could search the entire outline

I love this app and would gladly pay for an upgrade or pro version that incorporated this suggestion.

• Grant commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like the Online Version to sync with my mobile version. Both are manual sorts, but I would like the order I set up to sync. I don't like having to sort one manually and then do it again in the other format.

I like to always see the most recently opened outlines at the top. Could this be an option in settings?

Thank you.
    It was confirmed that it can be sorted manually.
    However, I want to be able to sort in the order of creation and update.

Feedback and Knowledge Base